We are always looking for motivated students to join our team. Prospective candidates should refer to the following pages for further details and contact Dr Haibo Yu directly.
Undergraduate students are mostly welcome to carry out a mini research project in the group either through a subject (e.g. CHEM218, CHEM340) or SMAH Undergraduate Research Assistantship.
Several Honours projects (Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry and Medical Biotechnology) are available in the group. If interested, please arrange a meeting via email to discuss potential projects.
See the UOW Graduate Research School for further information about Scholarships for Domestic Students and Scholarships for International Students. The application deadline is around mid October every year.
- Required qualitications: Master by Research or Hons (Class I) in Chemistry or a related field.
- Not required, but preferred qualifications: Experience in computational chemistry and molecular simulations. Coursework in physical chemistry, statistical mechanics and structural biology. Experience in Unix environments.
Inquiries about potential PhD positions should be emailed directly to Dr Haibo Yu and
- briefly articulate why you would like to do a PhD in our group,
- CV (max 2 pages),
- IELTS or TOEFL if applicable, see UOW language requirement,
- contact details for 2-3 references.
Additionally, there are other competitive scholarships available for international applicants:
- China Scholarship Council-UOW Joint Postgraduate Scholarship Program (UOW application deadline: Jan and CSC application deadline: March)
- Endeavour Scholarships (Application open in April)
There are no funded positions available.
Potential fellowship opportunities: